Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Overused Expressions




The Facebook Group, "Overheard in the Live Truck," was asked what overused phrases they heard from reporters. Here are some of the answers:





"If you thought this was,.....think again."
"Tonight we're LIVE from ______"
"the ultimate sacrifice"
"fought the blaze"
"Only time will tell."
"That's exactly right (insert Anchor name here)."
"A neighborhood is on edge tonight as...(name your crime/catastrophe/dilema)."
"wreaking havok", "running amok" and "blaze"
EFFORTING... what the hell is that? Not even a word.
We don't know much...but what we do know is"
"a ...... they'll never forget."
"Something went horribly wrong!"
"Its quiet here now but several hours ago......."
"We are learning more today/tonight about ..."






4 comments:

Evie Allen said...

I thought of this one, "some folks say". There are so many and I can't think of anymor right now but when I do I will post them. I am going to have to write some original stuff so I don't sound like everybody else. LOL!

gabbie sue said...

all the good ones were taken..i can't think of any right now :0(

Anonymous said...

This is so true..after reading all the quotes I totally have heard majority of them all. I'm tired of hearing those too, come up with more anchors!!

Chastity Spencer
RT 311

Anonymous said...

Tonight we're live from or we're live from and only time will tell is my favorite ones.
Coey Haper RT311